Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lifts With a Twist LO

I got my LO done! I'm so excited because I really like how it turned out. When I scraplift, I REALLY copy what people have done. That means less work for me. Some people make a bunch of changes, but I just find similar things I have. Anyway... here is the link to the twist this week. And here is my LO!
Papers, paperclip, doodle border, and label are all from Miss Mint.
Double layered flowers are from Melany Violette.
Other flowers from Misty Cato.
Alpha is Lyndsay's Fresh Alpha, recolored.
Font is CK Sassy

7 comments:

  1. It's super cute! Explain to me what a "scraplift" is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal,
    A scraplift is just when you take someone's layout and copy it. I know that's a brief explanation, does it make sense? Lifts with a Twist finds a LO they like every week and anyone who wants to copies it. You can scraplift all you want, you just have to give credit when you do to the orginal. It's fun, you should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does she put a link to the layout she wants everyone to use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal,

    They pick a LO and post it on their blog and have a link to it as well (to the person's gallery). Then you post a link to your copycat LO in the comments. If you click on the link to the Lifts with a Twist blog, you will be able to see pretty quickly how it works! To be entered in the drawing, your lift has to include the featured designer's products, which I usually don't have. But when they use designers who offer freebies, I am excited because I can do it. (You can do it without using their stuff and still get some kind of little reward though). I also want to start doing Digi-Dares, but that will require a little more creativity. Wow this got long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another cute page! Good job. And don't ever feel bad about doing the same layout as someone else, it's usually the only way I get ideas most of the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I checked out the lifts page and saw their new challenge. I didn't see a link though for the template. Is there one or you come up w/ something similar yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal,

    There isn't an actual template. You just look at the layout and copy it however you want. If you look in the comments and go to the links, you can see what people have done and how they do the scraplift to get an idea! Are you going to do it??

    ReplyDelete