Sunday, April 15, 2007

Some random things

Deanna has many many more posts on digi-scrapping for you. They are very helpful and very detailed. Check it out!

This LO isn't complete, but close. I need to change the color of the stitching and change the shadow on the flowers. This is for another of Ruby's challenges. I have a hard time doing daily downloads when you don't get many pieces at a time and have to check every day, but I do think the kit she is using is very cute and perfect for spring time and babies, so I'm doing it. Anyway, Ruby offers her kits as a reward when you do the challenges. The kit is Fernlili's Fresh kit and the template is ConnyBs.I planned to only digi-scrap photos for scrapbooks and use my paper supplies for cards and random things... however, I stumbled across Di Hickman's blog and she has a card sketch/template every week and they look fabulous. Today I made one. I completely scraplifted her. I used her sketch, but then I used the same kit as well. I love how it turned out. I just printed it out as well and it looks great. It's a little lighter, but we think our printer might be running low on ink. The kit is Festival by Shabby Princess (as if you all don't already have that and know that :)!)That brings me to my last random thing. Scrapbookpicture.com is having an AMAZING sale once again. 8x8s are only $.99!!! I plan to do Hannah's scrapbook 8x8 but unfortunately haven't started it. So I may miss out on this great deal. I don't now how long it will last, I would guess through the end of the month, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the quality of these is fabulous and I highly recommend it. I have been considering using shutterfly to print books (bound and everything) but I haven't decided yet. I really really liked this site and that is so great. Shipping is only $2 and they get them to you so quickly it's amazing. So, get scrappin' so you can take advantage of this great deal if you are going to be doing 8x8 albums!

2 comments:

  1. The Fresh kit works great for the girls' Easter dresses. I have decided to for sure do my kid's albumn 8 x 8 as well. Maybe I'll have to just get a few layouts printed with that 99 cent sale. I think I have almost decided for sure that I am just going to do the shutterfly books for all my digi albums so that I don't have to worry about mounting the picture on something else, finding albums that I like and that are the exact right size, etc. And I just think the format works perfectly for the way digi layouts end up. Who knows though, maybe I'll second guess myself when the time actually come to do it all. It's nice to at least have a lot of options though, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card! I just loved the festival kit freebie so I had to use it! I have more shabby princess layouts and cards coming on the blog soon!

    also I have a layout template on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete