Friday, September 7, 2007

Cleaning out!

So... I decided it was time to clean out freebies that I know I will never use. Pretty much everyone who starts digi-scrapping downloads anything and everything they find that's free. It's nice to feel like you can get so much free stuff and you want to snatch it up in case it's gone when you'd want it later. Right. Well.. after digi-scrapping for 8 months now, I haven't used a whole lot of my stash (because I have a TON!). I still download the occasional freebie, but I am very picky about it. After getting a taste of some really good quality stuff, a lot of freebies aren't that great to me anymore. Anyway... I deleted 122 kits and element and paper packs. Can you believe that? I went through and thought "Seriously, am I ever going to use this?" I kept some that I probably won't use too, but I couldn't part with yet. It feels SOOOOOOO good to clean out and was so easy for me.

If you haven't cleaned out ever, or not recently, I think you should give it a shot. It'll free up loads of space and then you don't feel like you have a billion files you haven't used yet (although I still have quite a few). Anyway, I am so happy I did. I didn't put much thought in it, I just deleted and haven't looked back. If I haven't thought about a kit since I downloaded it, then it must not be as cool as I thought.

So... in short, don't download everything you see! By the time you get to using it all, there will be better stuff anyway.

With that, go clean out!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't that feel good? I did that about 3 weeks ago and got rid of almost 5 GB of stuff! It was around 130 kits I think- not exactly sure.

    I have it all backed up to DVD anyway, so I'm thinking about going in and cleaning out even more stuff. You're right- I'm soo picky about freebies now, especially now that I'm on CT's and can get stuff I know I will use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the same thing! It is crazy all the stuff I have downloaded that I don't even like. It's nice to see that I get all that space back...I guess should buy some COOL kits to fill the space up with! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah, I found your blog one day (when I very first started blogging)while I was browsing. I don't remember the seven degrees I used to get to you, however. I really loved it. I am into scrapping but have had a busy summer and haven't been scrapping lately at all. I love all that you post so I sometimes use it for inspiration. Hope you don't mind. Funny you found my blog and actually read the sidebar, I don't always really read people's entire sidebar.

    ~Ashley~

    ReplyDelete