Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Experimenting with "Clean and Classy"


template by Ronee Parson
kit: festival by the Shabby Princess

Misty Cato has started posting about different approaches to scrapping. In the Clean and Classy looks, there is very little to the page. This is pretty difficult for me. I don't put tons of elements on my pages, but I like several pictures. I may try another one using her set of square frames where I could put 4 pictures. Anyway, I kind of like the look, but it's not quite right. I tried it with and without the ric rac. I like the added color, but I'm not sure if it's in the right place or something.

3 comments:

  1. I think yours look good. I love a clean and classy look, but I also have a hard time with just one small picture and a lot of blank space. My economical side can't stop yelling in my mind about all the wasted space - like you I like to use multiple pictures. I think that comes from scrapping at 12 x 12 size. If I do more with 8 x 8, I think one picture is fine, but bigger. It's always worth experimenting with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. I always like the look when I see other people's pages, but when I'm doing it I have a hard time leaving blank space. I think your page turned out cute too and I like the added ric rac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not so comfortable with the clean look either, mostly because I probably took at least 10 pictures that I loved at that same moment & want to include them all. Anyways, I do believe that in some cases it looks real good... for example, I really like your layout. I do like the added rick rack, maybe it is the extra color, but I like it better with it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete