Thursday, March 29, 2007

The temptation has begun!

Okay, up until now I have been completely satisfied just downloading freebies every day. I have already cleaned out a little because it's easy to get carried away, but I still have a huge collection of free stuff. Well, I recently have been exploring beyond the free stuff. I still haven't bought anything yet because I know once I start, it will be hard to stop! I think if I just limit my buying to things that I am looking for, that will help. You know, instead of just browsing for fun (which I know I won't be able to avoid). I have been looking at Misty Cato's Starting in Style set and now that she is having a sell, I might start there. It's very basic, but huge. Plus, I have been seeing more and more of the "shabby" stuff that I want. The problem is, it will probably make a lot of my free kits look bad. That's another reason I have been holding off. I guess we'll see. I need an allowance for myself each month!

Also, I still haven't been scrapping much lately at all. I got tons done really fast to get caught up and take advantage of that printing sale, and I haven't done much since! Part of the problem is that I am going through the dreaded organizing process using ACDSee. And I have too much! I finally organized everything by designer and tagged all the previews but I am just started to tag each item. I got through the A's on my list yesterday! Anyway, it's hard for me to want to scrap until I have it all organized so I can better see what I have. So, hopefully over the next week I can get that done.

4 comments:

  1. I am right there with ya! That's where I am at right now in the ACDSee organizing. I have so much stuff!!!

    Todd and I each get $15 of "personal money" each month to spend on whatever we want, so sometimes if I see a kit that I really love, then I will use it from that fund. I am especially a sucker for the really cheap sale kits ($2.50 and under is major temptation for me!).

    Good luck!! I think we should have a major party when we finish up all this organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem! There's too many cute kits out there to buy. I actually just gave in and bought a Halloween one from Shabby Miss Jenn. I love her stuff, but it's hard to pay $5 when you're used to getting things for free! Good luck with your organizing. Do you like ACDSee so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianne,
    I LOVE ACDSee. I knew I would. I just know my collection will keep getting bigger, I needed a better organizing system. If you have the money and think you'll keep doing the digi-scrappin stuff, I definitely recommend it. (Unless your system works for you, mine wasn't!)

    ReplyDelete