This one was wonderful after all these other crazy challenges we've had. The challenge was to use wings somewhere on the layout. I have been finishing up our 2007 album and realized my title page had wings! So, there was my ADSR layout! So nice for me! I think it turned out pretty cute too! Oh and Deanna did challenge 10, which was another roadblock. I think her layout turned out FABULOUS, especially for having 50 elements! Check it out here.
I was going to title this entry "I'm getting impatient." I have been trying to order my book since yesterday and keep having more and more problems. It's a little frustrating. Not big problems, but the Viovio site is just not the best. As long as the quality is good, it is well worth it, but I'm having too many struggles. I guess the first struggle was that I decided I really should proof-read my book. 133 pages of it! And some journaling on almost half of them. I didn't want to, but I'm so glad I did. A couple of pages were out of order and then at least 5 had typos. I'm sure I missed some, but I'm glad I caught those. Then I had to re-upload those and get a new preview of the book, which takes at least 10 minutes. Then the preview didn't show my last page. Now it appears it will only let me choose softcover, and I want hardcover. So, the customer service people have been great and we've been emailing back and forth a lot the last 2 days. Hopefully this is the last hangup. I'm so ready to get my book!
I will tell you that it will cost about $50 for 133 pages and a custom cover. Through shutterfly, it would cost me about $145! So I'm really hoping the quality is perfect. :) Actually, I'd definitely settle for less than perfect (as long as it's good enough) to save $100. Seriously. That's awesome. :) Anyway, I'll post more about it later.
In other news, there's a big birthday bash over at GG Digital Designs. Check out the blog for more info!





I've seen A LOT of layouts with the bracket look. How did you do that?
ReplyDeleteI was pretty impressed with the quality in mine. I'd be happy to let you look at it up close if you want.
ReplyDeleteThere are some pics that are a little pixelated, but I have a REALLY bad camera, so that's probably the problem. The color turned out pretty well with it too. :)
But I agree- the site is MISERABLE to navigate! Not user friendly at all. But the price is right, so I'll sacrifice the user friendliness I guess.
I just finished my 2007 book on shutterfly - of course mine's not digi scrapped like yours. BUT it is sitting at $120. I'll be waiting for some major coupons - so if you hear of any shutterfly ones, send them my way.
ReplyDeleteMy ? is - how much do you spend a month on digi-scrapping? Email me, I'm thinking of doing digi scrapping for next year's book...if I can get into it.