First, you will need to upload the papers you want to some photo-hosting site, such as photobucket. Then you will use this code:
background-image:url(your photobucket direct link here);
background-repeat:repeat-x repeat-y;
background-position:120% 10%;
background-attachment: scroll;
**Apparently you can skip the extra lines and just have the background-image:url(your photobucket direct link here); part--and it might just say background!
You have to go to the html section under the template tab to add this. You will have something similar to this depending on the template you use.
body {
background:$bgcolor;
margin:0;
color:$textcolor;
font: x-small "Trebuchet MS", Trebuchet, Verdana, Sans-serif;
font-size/* */:/**/small;
font-size: /**/small;
text-align: center;
}
All you do is enter the code with your picture in this section. I don't think it matters where as long as it is in the brackets, but I added it after margin:0. Then find the main-wrapper section and sidebar-wrapper section and do the same thing with the picture/paper you want to use there.
Now, just so you know, I did this to my sister's blog and it wasn't as easy as with mine. Her categories were different and the main section and sidebar were kind of connected so it was tricky. You can just experiment putting that code in different sections to get where it needs to be. I did figure out how to change her main section and sidebar, but it's a little different and I haven't done it yet. Does that make sense?
Let me know if you have any questions. I'll do another post about the sidebar titles and header and all that later!




Man, I really want a blog as fun as yours, but that was really gibberish to me, surprisingly! Then again, I've always been a very visual person... if only you were closer I'd run next door & have you show me!
ReplyDeleteI am debating adding a paper BG to my blog, but I kinda like my white BG... I don't know why! LOL!
ReplyDeleteWow, I am going to have to do this!
ReplyDelete